It was a good weekend for the Ducks and the Beavers. Oregon beat Cal 17-7, and the Beavers dropped UCLA 48-31. In both wins, there was plenty of room for individual recognition. Beavers QB Jake Luton was named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week, Ducks DE Kayvon Thibodeaux earned Pac-12 Defensive Lineman of the Week honors, and Oregon State punter Daniel Rodriguez was named Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week.
OFFENSE: Jake Luton, R-Sr., QB, Oregon State (Marysville, Wash.)
• Accounted for six of the Beavers’ seven TDs in the 48-31 win over UCLA.
• He set a career-best with five TD passes and capped off the win with a 19-yard TD rush.
• Became the first Beaver responsible for six TDs in a single game since Sean Mannion threw for six TDs against Colorado in 2013. Luton is just the fourth player in school history to account for six TDs.
• Luton has the longest active consecutive streak of pass attempts without an interception nationally. He is now at 166 dating back to the 2018 season.
DEFENSIVE LINE: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Fr. DE, Oregon (South Central Los Angeles, Calif.)
• Recorded two sacks in Oregon’s 17-7 win over California
• Key part of defense that marked the first time since 1960 that Oregon has held four consecutive opponents to single-digit points
• Third-highest graded defensive end in the nation by Pro Football Focus at 92.4
• Got to the quarterback three times in 21 snaps Oregon defense limited California to 66 yards rushing
SPECIAL TEAMS: Daniel Rodriguez, R-Sr., P, Oregon State (Pleasanton, Calif.)
• Punted three times in the Beavers’ 48-31 win over UCLA. Averaged 47.7 yards per punt, and tallied a 62-yarder, which tied his career high. Also trapped UCLA inside its 20 once.
• Performed a drop kick on a kickoff in the first quarter that went 23 yards and was recovered by Oregon State in UCLA territory. The Beavers scored on the drive to go up 21-0.
• Is averaging 47.9 yards per punt this season, and has five punts end inside an opponents’ 20, Also has four punts – of 14 total – of 50 or more yards.